Prev: Re: Starmap wave 4 Next: Re: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns

Re: Starmap wave 4

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 08:01:21 -0500
Subject: Re: Starmap wave 4

"John M. Atkinson" wrote:
> OK, now is there a website out there that goes into the gritty details
> of exactally what the various classifications are, and how they would
> influence their solar systems?  I mean, I've got New Levant (to pick
> example at random).
>
> It's a k-m star with luminosity .00288.  So it's a small, dim, reddish
> star, which means the planet is gonna have to be close to the star,
> etc.	On that level, I'm fine. OBFGKM, right?  But is there a place
that
> lays it out in more detail?

	The best thing to do is get a copy of
	World Building: A writer's guide to constructing star systems
and
	life-supporting planets by Stephen L. Gillett, Writer's Digest
	Books, ISBN # 0-89879-707-1
	Available from http://www.amazon.com/
	Do a search for "Gillett Worldbuilding"

	The following are some help, but not quite
	what you wanted.

	3-D Starmaps Misc Links/ Worldbuilding Links
	http://www.clark.net/pub/nyrath/smap11.html

	Alien Planet Designer
	http://www.compulink.co.uk/~vicarage/planets/

	Planet Classification List
	http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/1861/wb13.html

Prev: Re: Starmap wave 4 Next: Re: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns