Prev: Re: [DSII] Usable Operational-level Rules Next: Re: Starmap wave 4

[OT] Starfire economics/large battles was Re: Space Stations

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:32:42 +0100
Subject: [OT] Starfire economics/large battles was Re: Space Stations

Donald Hosford wrote:

> I have the second version of the Starfire Economics.

Um... that's "New Empires", isn't it? I alwasy forget whether or not
Starfire I had a campaign supplement or not - that was long before my
time :-/

> In that there is no
> adjustments to limit the number of ships...in one game,  after about
10
> turns, we had a battle of over 150+ ships.

That doesn't say much, though. If those 150+ ships (per side, or total?)
were CTs, the battle wouldn't have taken that long anyway :-/ (3-5 hours
IME; depending on what tactics and weapon mixes were used - and yes,
I've
fought quite a lot of battles like this.)

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [DSII] Usable Operational-level Rules Next: Re: Starmap wave 4