Prev: Re: RE Supertank Next: Re: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns

Re: [FTFB] Not ships, exactally. . .

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 13:07:59 EST
Subject: Re: [FTFB] Not ships, exactally. . .

<< which is a number I've seen tossed around here, I think.  But keep in
mind
 that in order for the Full Thrust engines to include enough fuel for
one
 ten-turn battle, 0.01 g thrust is the best you can do with current
 technology (for example, chemical rockets do a lot better than this,
but
 you need so much fuel that the rocket is -mostly- fuel, which just
doesn't
 fit in the Full Thrust model).

 Someone please check my math, though, I should know better than to not
do
 it on paper first!

 Keith >>
I gives some of the same numbers that I came up with, so I think that it
is
corect, what I think that the engines in FT are is reaction plates (I
heard
about this some were but I don't remeber) powered by fusion generators.
-Stephen

Prev: Re: RE Supertank Next: Re: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns