Prev: Re: RE Supertank Next: Re: In defence of Monarchy

Re: OT: You guys aren't going to believe this....

From: Niall Gilsenan <ngilsena@i...>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 13:51:46 +0000
Subject: Re: OT: You guys aren't going to believe this....

At 21:29 12/02/99 EST, you wrote:

><< > Hmm, the SciFi's Dune multi part TV movie is have troubles, darn,
>
> i read in the foreword to "Eye", a collection of frank herbert's short
> stories, that the shooting of the dune movie produced about six hours
of
> material, and that a mini-series was being mooted. this isn't the same
> mini-series, surely? not over a decade later!
>
>Nope, there was a dune movie, I don't know any thing about it, exsept
that it
>is not the dune that Frank wrote.

Well the movie was directed(?) by David Lynch of Twin Peaks fame so it
was
a little odd in spaces but that was OK too.  They did make some changes
the plot line (for instance the weapons in use were some sort of vocal
amplifier gun rather than sheer nasty knives).	You have to watch it a
couple of times to start to like it but it is worth a watch. It got cut
severly due to the original length of the film (4-6 hours?) and parts of
it
didn't make much sense after that.  The talk I heard was that there
might
be a "directors" cut of the film released.  Theres been no sign of it
yet
though.

As for the mini-series well I had heard about it but as nothing more
than a
rumour.
Niall Gilsenan,
DIT, Cathal Brugha St,
Dublin 1,
Ireland.

Prev: Re: RE Supertank Next: Re: In defence of Monarchy