Prev: Re: [SG,DS, Colonial] Invasive Species Next: Re: Space Stations

Re: [DS2] Anti-Tank guns

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 10:42:23 +1300
Subject: Re: [DS2] Anti-Tank guns

>i remember reading (in Wired, ages ago, before i realised it was mostly
>garbage :-) that the USMC had patched Doom to be a simulation of
>building-clearing operations. it was a cheap and nasty sort of effort,
but
>it was apparently far more realistic (in terms of the feel and tactics,
if
>not the details) than the million-dollar studies done at fort knox and
so
>on. basically, this was because it was almost impossible to stay alive
for
>more than thirty seconds ...
    I thought Los mentioned at one stage using Quake or another clone
program to practise house clearing exercises and coordination?

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz ICQ: 26227169
Blind See-Saw, DSII, DSII FAQ, GZG-L email FAQ, FUDGE, UY, MSH & WBG:
    http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/

Prev: Re: [SG,DS, Colonial] Invasive Species Next: Re: Space Stations