Prev: Re: UBW fict Next: Having a severe mature moment here! Re: [HIST/BACKGROUND] IAS - Want to Share? and UBW fict

Inner Colonies

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@w...>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 17:33:27 -0000
Subject: Inner Colonies

With the ongoing frenzy to claim star systems for various powers has
anyone given any thought to which of the powera are present on each
of the inner colonies?

The reason I ask is that my putative minor power has a history
something like this:

At the end of the second solar war an ESU colony on an inner colony
world rebelled and declared themselves the People's Republic of XXXXX
(need inspiration with the name). They see themselves as true
communists...

Appeals to the UN from the other colonies in that system and the
general weakened state of the ESU at that time prevented a concerted
effort to retake the colony. ESU pressure prevented the new state
being represnted in the UN assembly (this continued until the xeno
war in the 2180s when the UN brought everyone into the fold).

The colony later grew when the FSE colony on the same world voted to
join them (the FSE colonial administration had been corrupt and
joining the communists seemed like a good idea. The FSE got favorable
access to mining and refueling facilities in the system and got shot
of a troublesome colony, so everyone came out of the deal more or
less happy.)

So I need an inner colony. Any suggestions as to which one? Obviously
the ESU and the FSE will lose any presence in that system. (And I
prefer there to be no NAC or NSL presence, but could live with it if
people feel that they should be there.) Indonesian and Scandinavian
presence would be fit the rest of the background I have, and anyone
else is welcome to a small colony there as well.

The Republic will have founded one or two colonies, but considering
how recently the Republic came into existence these are likely to be
on the outer fringe of human space. Again, any suggestions?

	Steve
--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/estate/ax16/grunt/meta-faq.txt

Steve Pugh   <steve.pugh@dial.pipex.com>

Prev: Re: UBW fict Next: Having a severe mature moment here! Re: [HIST/BACKGROUND] IAS - Want to Share? and UBW fict