Prev: In defence of Monarchy Next: RE: [FT] Home Page and GZG Demo

[LST] *Real New WIN32 Trojan warning

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 11:20:19 -0000
Subject: [LST] *Real New WIN32 Trojan warning

Happy99.exe mail attachment trojan warning - WIN32 only.

A computer worm called Happy99.exe has been discovered in the
wild in Europe and will likely spread to North America.

This is no hoax - but a very new trojan, as it is currently
doing the rounds of the news groups best to be aware
because I know a lot of you post there too. Happy99 first apeared
in January 1999 and it is reported to have affected a lot of users.

Our no attachments policy will protect the list.

Details can be found at:

http://beta.nai.com/public/datafiles/valerts/vinfo/w32ska.htm
http://www.pspl.com/trojan_info/win32/happy99.htm
http://www.ciac.org/ciac/cnotes/990202Happy99.html

-= tim jones =-

Prev: In defence of Monarchy Next: RE: [FT] Home Page and GZG Demo