Prev: Rot Hafen and Kra'Vak Next: Re: Kra'vak and FBII Re: GZG Encyclopedia Starmap

Re: [URL] New SG2 Web Site with Minis Photos

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 02:50:32 EST
Subject: Re: [URL] New SG2 Web Site with Minis Photos

<< >On Andy's page there are some rules for DS2 in WW2.

 Yeah. I've seen them!

 I've done some research on typical WW2 squad sizes and OOB. It's a
pretty
 straightforward conversion. The trick is in setting up leadership and
quality
 values for the nationalities. Oh, and things like Banzai charge rules
and
 special morale rules for the Japanese, Russian penal battalions and
commisars.

 Communication in SG2 is based on a pretty high tech communication
capability.
 The fact that a command unit can transfer actions to a subordinate unit
seems
 to suggest that the command unit has a good, overall sense of what's
 happening. This has to be taken into account, as long distance
communication
 in WW2 was by radio (not always reliable) and telephone (more
reliable... if
 the cables weren't cut). And I don't think the unit should have as high
 degree of knowledge as to what's going on unless the command unit is
close to
 the action. It should make for an interesting, if different, SG2
experience.

How do you plan to hanle the fact that phones can be tapped, that radios
can
be jammed, that some one can lissen in on any radio conversashion?
What about some of the things that the Germans and the US were working
on, I
have seen on TV (not the most reliable source, I know) that the Germans
had
some sort of Anti-Grav tech (this was on Sightings so I don't think that
they
had it but it would be interesting to play) and that the US was working
with
Tessla to create some sort of 'Lighting Cannon'.  Have you thought about
doing
War of the Worlds for DS2 or SG2?
-Stephen

Prev: Rot Hafen and Kra'Vak Next: Re: Kra'vak and FBII Re: GZG Encyclopedia Starmap