Prev: Re: GZG Encyclopedia Starmap Second Wave Next: Re: UBW fict

Re: Small ships and SMLS & Killing Torp armed fleets.....

From: devans@u...
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 09:29:10 -0600
Subject: Re: Small ships and SMLS & Killing Torp armed fleets.....

Laserlight:
***
Remember, battleships evolved from "lots of guns, all sizes" to "all big
guns."
***

And of course, this was the ideal that never really happened. A
reduction of the
variety of guns was necessary for efficient storage and transport of
shells, but
even the paradigm, the Dreadnought, had some mix including small QF's
that could
transverse fast enough to tag torpedo boats that would leak through the
TBD's.
Later, the battlewagons would fairly bristle with anti-aircraft weopens,
including those capable of double-duty, not unlike FT's C/1 batteries.

In FT, the granularity of the ship system design may preclude such
quibbles. I'm
not certain, though.

To cgray:

Two points:
1) We'd STILL like to see your designs and those of your opponents,
along with
OoB, so we can better judge your comments.

2) If your reply is less than half the size of your quote, you should
definitely
consider snipping,  paraphrasing, and condensing. I've been called on
this one,
and have been working hard to keep missives small. Many of us have hard
drives
way-too-small not to.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: GZG Encyclopedia Starmap Second Wave Next: Re: UBW fict