Prev: Re: Star Mapping/Planets Next: GZGPedia Planning

Re: Kra'vak and FBII Re: GZG Encyclopedia Starmap

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 15:17:55 -0800
Subject: Re: Kra'vak and FBII Re: GZG Encyclopedia Starmap

Thomas Anderson wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Feb 1999 devans@uneb.edu wrote:
>
> > Unless the new Fleet Book sez different, I'd be for not having a
Kra'vak area,
> > but simply indications on the map of incursions into human space.
> >
> > I prefer my aliens mysterious, and with a tendency to appear from an
unexpected
> > quarter.
>
> i'd second that. it shouls also ease the constraints Nyrath has to
work
> with!
>
> Tom

Guys,
     The picture you paint is not a pretty one.   With the 'K' on
all sides of the human area the future of the human race is not in
doubt.	 We're DOOMED!!!
     If the effect you are trying for is the 'K' as a type of
'pirate' race that shows up for a raid now and again, the
concept of 'fleets' and taking systems cannot be justified.
     In game terms the 'K' should have a base or area of
operations to allow the strikes/raids into human space.
The other VERY necessary concept is to leave the possibility of
other alien races open.   The 'K' may have more than one enemy
in this area of space and this will allow the players to design
'alien' races of thier own.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Star Mapping/Planets Next: GZGPedia Planning