Prev: Re: Kra'vak and FBII Re: GZG Encyclopedia Starmap Next: Re: hello

Re: UBW Tech

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 10:49:32 -0500
Subject: Re: UBW Tech

DracSpy@aol.com wrote:

> ***
> Thanks for the warning:)
> ***

One of the List Great Elder Ones wouldn't get it, but this is your first
time with the patented Atkinson Effect. . .

>  Three weapons systems?  Why?  You can only shoot one at a time.  Go
for
>  a size 5 MDC, throw the rest out.
> ***
> These tanks are designed to emulate the idea behind the FCS that the
army is
> working on.  It has a VLS in the back (it shows that this area can be
changed
> to a 3-man recon team, this might be a better idea)
> ***

The HEL is only useful against ground targets, and anything it can hit,
a large MDC can hit harder and better.

> I'll take that into consiteration, I'll remove them from all but one
tank per
> platoon, I want the to be able to work on there own.

Do note all your platoon leaders can call for artillery on their own.

> There is only one fire con, I just reprented the fact that there were
three
> weapon systems that needed FiCons.

You don't have to do that, and it's _expensive_.  Cost with no benifit
is bad.  :(

> They are desgined to be based in the same hull, with a project that
the army
> is working on (I have a lot of articles on what the army is doing, all
of it
> is unclasifed, if you want them email me at IntrpdDDX@AOL.COM) that
can engade
> upto six AFV at the same time, with a missile system, this AFV would
alow the
> same idea.

You'd have to houserule it to allow that.  If your opponents let you,
fine.  If not, cut the vehicle in half down the middle.

> ***
> Okay, I'll change this to a Arty, this would be a MRLS system, right?
> ***

Yup.  Med or Heavy.

> ***
> It's based in the APC Version of the Mauler, look at the Bradly (sp?)
APC/IFV,
> look at the weapons that it has, I think that you will see that it has
simular
> weapons, please let me know if I'm wrong.
> ***

But a M557 Command Post isn't an IFV, it's an unarmed mod of an APC.
That's what you're emulating.

>  > Mech Inf Platoon:
>  > 6x Heavy Grav APC
>  > 6x Power Armour
>
>  Kinda light on the Crunchies, but that's your call.
> ****
> This is modeled as a Cav Troop (as discribed in Armored Cav, Tom
Clancy), the
> reson for the large number of PA troops is to combat the enemy inf.

I said kinda light--that means I don't think you have enough of them.

I admit it--I cheated to get enough infantry.  I used the Stargrunt
construction rules to say that since PA teams are usually three men,
they fit into 6 spaces instead of 8.  :)

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Kra'vak and FBII Re: GZG Encyclopedia Starmap Next: Re: hello