Prev: Re: Killing torpedo fleets. Next: Re: GZG Encyclopedia Starmap

Re: [FT] Replacement Boarding Rules v1.0b

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 00:10:18 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Replacement Boarding Rules v1.0b

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> Um. I beg to differ. I know of several Canadian ships that have a
> staff of trained experts in boarding actions (they give extensive
> courses on this) that can be assembled at short notice by the Bosun.
> I have a friend who has recieved this training. The ships routinely
> field boarding parties from the crew when executing assistance to
> customs and excise, blockade enforcement (think Persian Gulf), and
> drug inspections. The training involves training the naval personel
> in boarding tactics, small unit tactics, legalities, risks, use of
> SMGs, assault carbines, assault shotguns, and pistols, and CQB,
> amongst other things.

RAN has the same deal. Add Rapelling. (Rapelling??? Well, if you're
going to inspect every container on a Ro-Ro ship, be prepared to have to
do a lot of it, they're stacked up to 6 high with no other access),
Foreign Languages ( Bahasi Indonesian, Cantonese, Mandarin, Thai),  etc
etc.

Ours tend not to be so heavily armed though - pistols and steyrs are the
norm (backed up by everything from .50 cals to 40mm to 81mm mortars to
127mm Cannon and the willingness to use them).

 abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: Killing torpedo fleets. Next: Re: GZG Encyclopedia Starmap