Prev: GZG Encyclopedia Starmap Next: UBW Tech

Killing torpedo fleets.

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 18:39:51 -0800
Subject: Killing torpedo fleets.

>Graeme Bradbury wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone come across the all p-torp fleet.
>> I play against an opponent that came up with a fleet that was
completely
>> torpedo based. His ships had pds and armour as defense and the rest
of
mass was
>> drives and torps. He tends not to play that fleet unless we ask to
play
it, so
>> its not so much the fact he wont play another fleet as that we cant
seem to
>> come up with a fleet that is capable of being anthing more than a
target
board.
>> Even at the extreme range of the torps, his sheer numbers means that
>> destroyer's last 1,2 turns tops. And a fleet that out ranges him with
class 4/5
>> beams tends to be too specialized to stand up to any other style
fleet.

>> Just thought i'd ask you space guru's for a tad o' advice on the
matter.

>> Well i'm off to revel in my victory over the 400 mass dreadnaught o'
death I
>> just played against.

	Fast Attack Cruiser
Number	System		Mass		Points
100		Mass			100		100
25		Hull			25		25
8		Thrust		40		80
1		FTL			10		20
4		FC			4		16
1		Enhanced Sensor 1		5
20		C batteries 6 arc	20		60
total					100		306

	Split into three wings, center left and right.	Center wing
should have
heavier forces with thrust mass devoted to armour.  Envelope and
outflank.
Get close and get really personal...

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Prev: GZG Encyclopedia Starmap Next: UBW Tech