Prev: RE: Arabic Empire in space was: Re: NSL, Not Nazis. Next: Re: ISO Hammer's Slammers [Was: Re: [URL] Latest GZG Advert]

Re: [FT] NCSS Chickamauga class Ironclad Gunboat

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 21:46:57 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] NCSS Chickamauga class Ironclad Gunboat

jim clem wrote:

> Comments or playtesting welcome

> Hull Type [Integrity]: Weak [12]
> Defenses: Armor rating 16

This works fine against beams, but if you're hit by SMs or pulse torps
(or by the Teske Field, wherever it has gone now) you may find that the
ship blows up before all the armour is gone. You'll certainly take a
treshold check or two before the armour gives in - indeed, the chance
that you'll take the first treshold check before losing all armour is
just over 50% even if you're hit by beams only.

As a rule of thumb, I wouldn't use more armour than half the total
number
of hull boxes unless I'm positively certain my enemy relies mainly on
beams, and never more armour than the total number of hull boxes.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.