Prev: Re: Arabic Empire in space was: Re: NSL, Not Nazis. Next: Re: (FT) Unofficial NSL Order of Battle Jannary 01,2083

Re: [FT] OFFICIAL RULING REQUEST (was Re: Couple of questions)

From: -MWS- <Hauptman@c...>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 14:05:46 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] OFFICIAL RULING REQUEST (was Re: Couple of questions)

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
[snip]
> This is wrong. I'm not sure where you went wrong, but if you ignore
the
> PDS re-rolls in your matrix below you'll find that on average 103/36 =
> 2.861 missiles manage to lock on and get past the single PDS;
2.861*3.5 =
> 10.014. I'd find it very strange if the PDS re-rolls *increase* the
> damage :-/

[Sigh]	Sign inversion again;  I'll redo the math with the correct
polarity
this time.  I *told* you it's been a while since statistics - I guess I
lost
more grey matter than I thought when I passed the '40' milestone a few
years
back .:)

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
  visit the Gear Locker at http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear/

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: Re: Arabic Empire in space was: Re: NSL, Not Nazis. Next: Re: (FT) Unofficial NSL Order of Battle Jannary 01,2083