Prev: RE: OT: Anyone want a good laugh? Next: Re: (FT) Unofficial NSL Order of Battle Jannary 01,2083

Re: MEKO Ships

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 00:22:46 +1000
Subject: Re: MEKO Ships

John M. Atkinson wrote:

> Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:
>
> > Mass 40
> > FTL -4
> > Thrust 4 -8
> > Average Hull(40%) -16
> > 2 Armour -2
>
> I wouldn't let a modular ship change it's engines or hull boxes.

Agreed. 16 Hull is Strong(50%) for the mass 32 base, but only
average(40%) for the mass 40 "Fitted With, not just For" version.

I might add that just before HMAS Brisbane went to the Gulf War, she got
all the goodies that she'd been fitted for, but not with. A brace of
CIWS, RAM panels, decoys, additional guns etc etc.

FWIW, the current RAN practice is to rotate the scarce CIWS systems
through the fleet: as one ship comes in, the CIWS are removed, and 2-3
days later are added to the next ship going out. "How to run a modern
Navy on a shoestring".

And our latest frigatesm, the ANZACs, have less than half their planned
firepower on them "as built", with the rest in warehouses or yet to be
purchased.
 abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: RE: OT: Anyone want a good laugh? Next: Re: (FT) Unofficial NSL Order of Battle Jannary 01,2083