Prev: Re: Arabic Empire in space was: Re: NSL, Not Nazis. Next: Re: OT: Anyone want a good laugh?

OT: JMS's response (was: RE: OT: Anyone want a good laugh?)

From: "It'll be cool, it'll be fun...it's gonna *suck*" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 07:40:00 -0500 (EST)
Subject: OT: JMS's response (was: RE: OT: Anyone want a good laugh?)

>> hmm? Crusade isn't going to be on TNT?
>
>	Details can be found on the Ain't It Cool News
>	website, who's URL escapes me at the moment.

The following from a JMS post I rec'd:

Crusade? ]

 #: 58965 S9/Crusade
    29-Jan-99  22:38:12
Sb: #58948-More Crusade rumors....
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      The plug has not been pulled by TNT, which cannot pull the plug
because
we don't work for TNT, we work for WB.	TNT is a distributer.

      All I can say for now is that, like Oliver Stone's project for
TNT,
Witchblade, we have found that TNT (known primarily for westerns,
historical
dramas and wrestling) is not SF-friendly in terms of really getting what
SF is
about, and it may not entirely reconcile with what their core audience
expects
from them...and that a new, more SF friendly venue is being explored.

      So if folks wanted to drop an encouraging note to, let's say, the
Sci-Fi
Channel, for instance, that would certainly be okay by me.

      But in the interim...no, we're not canceled.  We're taking off
next week
to allow WB to work its magic, but that's about it.

								    jms

[END]

-----

For what it's worth,

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: Re: Arabic Empire in space was: Re: NSL, Not Nazis. Next: Re: OT: Anyone want a good laugh?