Prev: Re: Ship Bases Next: Re: [FT & DSII] miniatures for sale or trade

Re: texaco

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:39:00 -0600
Subject: Re: texaco

That wily Thomas sed:

-On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 devans@uneb.edu wrote:

-> Interestingly, this feeds to the work I've been doing on the
Corporate -Wars
that
-> led up to the formation of the Texaco Corporate States (trying on yet
-another
-> name).

-aha! so it's you who is behind that fiendish corporation! your name and
-mail address have duly been added to the prelim list. which has moved,
-incidentally:

-http://users.ox.ac.uk/~univ0938/gzg/cyc-list.html

-and become html.

You have to pin me down, don't you? ;->= Actually, in my fluff, the
corporation
is dead; the loyal employees, horrified by the terrible destruction
occurring
when the skirmish battles got totally out of hand, and fearing midnight
reprisals, fled to deep space prospecting outposts.

Natch, a government run by former corporate committees is going to take
FOREVER
to come up with a real name. ;->=

-> Having first tried cut-out images on card, I decided to use Evil
Empire -(tm)
Ork
-> (tm) Bolt Pistols (??) with the handle cut off to represent modified
-independent
-> commercial ships with strong company ties, fighting small border
-disputes. I
-> liked the idea that the bolt pistol muzzles were actually add-on
-military
-> engineering sections (engines) the corporation kept on hand for just
-such an
-> occasion, and weopen systems dropped in whatever available cargo
-opening.

-i'm having a hard time visualising the bolt pistols - they're titchy,
-surely? - but it sounds like a very cool concept. now all i have to do
is
-get my Royal Dutch Shell tankers up and armed ...

I was thinking of the smaller, independent traders of the Traveller
universe,
but even more kludgey and cramped. Nasty, smelly boxes barely keeping
the
occupants alive while searching for that lifetime find.

The kind of dumb, brutal existence that would give someone reason to
risk life
and limb for a possible cushy company job, you know?

Converted tankers are what the new state's fleet will pretty much be.
These will
use the model aircraft weapons and fuel tanks that I've been cutting and
pasting
for years (VERY off and on)...

-> I know the above doesn't make a lot of sense, but I have fleshed it
out -a
bit,
-> given the bits and pieces from FT and MT of a parallel military
history -in a
-> gritty corporate universe.

-well, if you have any material on the web, i can link to it.

;->= You've just seen about the only thing I've formally set down,
either via
electrons or on real paper. Still waiting for the MS Frontpage module
that'll
transfer images directly from my imagination to the web. Given their
track
record, I'll probably end up with a lobotomy...

-Tom

The_Beast, who continuously amazes folks with his feats of laziness

PS. To the fellow I promised a sample Micromachine Romulan Scout, don't
take the
above as the reason I haven't sent it yet. I just haven't found same in
morass I
call a basement. I don't blame you for your job; you just traded one
dumb,
brutal existence for... ;->=

Prev: Re: Ship Bases Next: Re: [FT & DSII] miniatures for sale or trade