Prev: RE: (FT) Page Updated - New Custom Minis Next: RE: [FT] OFFICIAL RULING REQUEST (was Re: Couple of questions)

Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military

From: "jim clem" <travmind@h...>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 08:27:56 PST
Subject: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 11:01:21 -0500
From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@erols.com>
To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

jim clem wrote:

Canon note:  160 million is the most heavily populated human planet
outside of the Sol system.

John M. Atkinson

Hmmmm, perhaps I should alter my figures a bit.
Ok, say,

Dixie:	100 million  (we Southerners are a prolific lot)
Kentucky:  25 million
Alabama:  30 million
Outposts:  20 million (total of about 60 different sites, scattered all
over.  These tend to be in nice quiet out of the way places)

That still allows the NCS military at about 2 million (slightly over 1
percent of total population, big military tradition here)

How's that?

Jim Clem, B.S.E.
Main Site:  http://www.geocities.com/area51/stargate/2891
Traveller:  http://www.geocities.com/area51/stargate/2891/trav.html
Full Thrust:  http://www.geocities.com/area51/stargate/2891/ncs.html
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world
without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world,
because they'd never expect it.
		--culled from the Ground Zero Games List--

Prev: RE: (FT) Page Updated - New Custom Minis Next: RE: [FT] OFFICIAL RULING REQUEST (was Re: Couple of questions)