Prev: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military Next: RE: (FT) Page Updated - New Custom Minis

texaco

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 16:06:02 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: texaco

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> Interestingly, this feeds to the work I've been doing on the Corporate
Wars that
> led up to the formation of the Texaco Corporate States (trying on yet
another
> name).

aha! so it's you who is behind that fiendish corporation! your name and
mail address have duly been added to the prelim list. which has moved,
incidentally:

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~univ0938/gzg/cyc-list.html

and become html.

> Having first tried cut-out images on card, I decided to use Evil
Empire (tm) Ork
> (tm) Bolt Pistols (??) with the handle cut off to represent modified
independent
> commercial ships with strong company ties, fighting small border
disputes. I
> liked the idea that the bolt pistol muzzles were actually add-on
military
> engineering sections (engines) the corporation kept on hand for just
such an
> occasion, and weopen systems dropped in whatever available cargo
opening.

i'm having a hard time visualising the bolt pistols - they're titchy,
surely? - but it sounds like a very cool concept. now all i have to do
is
get my Royal Dutch Shell tankers up and armed ...

> I know the above doesn't make a lot of sense, but I have fleshed it
out a bit,
> given the bits and pieces from FT and MT of a parallel military
history in a
> gritty corporate universe.

well, if you have any material on the web, i can link to it.

Tom

Prev: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military Next: RE: (FT) Page Updated - New Custom Minis