Prev: Re: Couple of questions Next: Re: [SG] Wandering mines (was: NAC SAS rescues hostage. . .)

Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military

From: "jim clem" <travmind@h...>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 06:14:26 PST
Subject: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 19:49:50 -0500
From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@erols.com>
To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

Laserlight wrote:

> 2. where you are--a balkanized planet will have a lot more
footsloggers
> than, say, the Alarishi Empire, which has exactly one "brigade" plus
lots of
> marines.

=====================================

New Confederate States:  Estimate of population in military (c. 2180)

The total population of the NCS as of the 2180 census was slightly more
than 400 million, with 300 million on Dixie, another 90 million on the
two colony worlds (Alabama and Kentucky), and the remainder scattered
among some dozen systems in outposts, military bases, commercial
operations, and a fair number still in Sol system, currently mining
volatiles in the Kuiper Belt.  The total number of active personnel is
approximately 0.25%, or 2 million personnel.  Approximately
three-fourths of that, 1.5 million, form the ground forces, which
includes wet navy, army, air, and interface forces.  The remainder,
500,000, are the space forces and marines.  There is a large reserve
force, some 5 million, though the large majority of that is Army along
with a large contingent of merchant vessels and personnel for use as
auxiliaries and transport in war-time.

Jim Clem, B.S.E.
Main Site:  http://www.geocities.com/area51/stargate/2891
Traveller:  http://www.geocities.com/area51/stargate/2891/trav.html
Full Thrust:  http://www.geocities.com/area51/stargate/2891/ncs.html
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world
without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world,
because they'd never expect it.
		--culled from the Ground Zero Games List--

Prev: Re: Couple of questions Next: Re: [SG] Wandering mines (was: NAC SAS rescues hostage. . .)