Prev: RE: [FT] Pics page updated Next: Ship Bases

Re: [FT] OFFICIAL RULING REQUEST (was Re: Couple of questions)

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 07:25:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] OFFICIAL RULING REQUEST (was Re: Couple of questions)

>However, if that's the actual answer, I don't like it - not a bit.
While
>the Salvo Missile is a wonderful abstraction of the Weber/White missile
>paradigm, the MT 'Capital' missile makes a very nice representation of
the
>Wing Commander style of Torpedo, and I think that I can make a fairly
>strong case for treating the two missiles systems differently as far as
>point defense and fighter interceptions are concerned.  As far as I'm
>concerned, the MT 'Capital' missile has enough disadvantages -
centerline
>launch only, no rear-arc attacks, limited mobility - to warrant it's
>increased effectiveness against PDS.  Otherwise, it becomes a fairly
>useless weapons system as far as damage / points cost / mass cost
tradeoff
>are concerned.

I'd assume MT missiles have better stealth, better targeting, a bigger
warhead.

(snip)
>salvo @ 3.5 missiles vs 0 PDS = (3.5 - 0) * 3.5 = 12.25 points
>salvo @ 3.5 missiles vs 1 PDS = (3.5 - 0.8) * 3.5 = 9.45 pts
>salvo @ 3.5 missiles vs 2 PDS = (3.5 - 1.6) * 3.5 = 6.65 pts

Your example here is not exactly right because you neglected the
possibility
of PDS killing more missiles than are on target, which when taken into
effect increases the  average damage.  No time to work out the figures
right
now but the effect should be fairly small.

Prev: RE: [FT] Pics page updated Next: Ship Bases