Prev: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military Next: [TEST] I've got the POWER!!!

[DSII] Asgard Incorporated

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 22:39:48 -0500
Subject: [DSII] Asgard Incorporated

Having virtually finished my latest big DSII force (all grav, painted in
Urban Cammo--destined to be the Illuminati pro-tem force), I have
decided
that it is time for a change of pace.  I'm going to stick to painting
small
(10 to 20 vehicles/stands) forces, in a variety of styles and colors,
and
calling them mercenary units.  I could use the variety, would get some
nicely diverse units, and can try out some of the more bizarre and
intricate cammo schemes that I've been seeing--without going mad
painting
an entire army. *

To this end, I am going to be creating yet another force for the
Tuffleyverse: Asgard Incorporated (at least until I can come up with a
better name....).  Asgard is a clearinghouse for Merc units--in return
for
a percentage of their profits, AI will put them in touch with potential
clients, provide legal experts to look over (and guarantee) their
contract,
and give them transport to and from their destination.	Clients are
reassured that they will be hiring a respectable force, one which will
fulfill its contract, not commit any atrocities, and not turn on them as
soon as they are offered a better deal.

Asgard will, of course, have an agenda all their own (seeing as how they
are a wholly owned subsidiary of Illumination Unlimited), but for the
most
part they will function as a thin pretense upon which to hang my new
painting habits.  They will provide an excuse for mercenaries to follow
the
rules of civilized combat (oxymoron though that may be), and will give
some
structure to a campaign that I am going to be running one of these
years. **

If anyone has ideas for merc units, or has some local troops for hire,
send
me the details.  I want names, colors, numbers, and vehicles, experience
level, and history (if any).  The units' price will be determined by
their
point value, modified by their experience level (elites, obviously, cost
more than regulars).  Assuming that I can get organized enough, this
information will then be added to my webpage.

*Including one really neat WWII scheme--dirty white base, with dark
green
silhouettes of winter trees along the sides of the tank.

**A balkanized planet, with two or more countries fighting it out.  Each
side is receiving support from off-planet, largely in the form of cash,
and
they can spend it by bidding for the services of various merc units.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military Next: [TEST] I've got the POWER!!!