Prev: Re: Starmap Page for Encyclopedia Next: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military

Re: Kzinti Miniatures

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 22:35:46 -0500
Subject: Re: Kzinti Miniatures

At 08:10 AM 2/2/99 -0600, you wrote:
>John C sed:
>***
>During my dinner break, I stopped by the local Allied Hobbies, and
>discovered a rather odd pack of figures.  The pack was called
>"Seductress" (Ral Partha, 02-808), and had three figures:
>***
>
>Funny thing, I saw these yesterday while looking through Ral Partha for
elves to
>be converted to Martians for Space 1889.

Look for Rafm Dark Elves--the same sculptor, I am almost sure of it.

>Barely gave them a second thought,
>though now you've got me brain wondering. I've a number of packs of
Traveller
>Aslan waiting for me to succumb to the alure of SGII. The RP felines
are
close
>in height but much thinner. I'll have to take another look; I'm
thinking they
>have forward-bending knees, but I think Aslan have reversed knees.

That, I don't remember.  I have a few of 15mm Aslan; I'd never thought
of
using them for Kzin.  I've also got a few 15mm pseudo-moties (Laserburn
Tri-Motes), and would kill for some decent 25mm Moties.  They would be
SO
much fun....

>I can't recall Elmore doing any of Niven's covers, but I tended not to
look that
>closely. However, wasn't the mentioned 'intellegent' female story in
one
of the
>Man-Kzin series that included Known Universe tales centering on Kzin,
written by
>other authors? *shrug* I gave up on it after Jerry Pournelle started
being
>included.

Generally, I avoid books set in a particular universe that are not
written
by that universe's original creator.  It's just not the same, somehow.
Although I would kill to see the episode of the Star Trek cartoon that
the
Kzin appeared in.  The idea is so bizarre that it appeals.

>Also, while it's been a long time since I read any, I thought the
bat-wing
ear
>was characteristic of the Kzin. I just wish one of the figs would have
been made
>craven to look like a Kzin psycher. ;->=

It is. The bat-wing ear, I mean.  For a Kzin telepath, you ould always
look
through the plethora of fantasy catmen out there--adapting a figure into
Kzin would be relatively easy.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: Starmap Page for Encyclopedia Next: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military