Prev: GW-Tyranids Next: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military

Re: [SG] Wandering mines (was: NAC SAS rescues hostage. . .)

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 18:00:22 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] Wandering mines (was: NAC SAS rescues hostage. . .)

Paul Lesack wrote:

> Has anyone ever strapped a Command Detonated Mine onto a randomly
> (or partially randomly) moving object (ie, animal)? [I would
> never use my rabbits for this, though]. Even a vehicle. Car bomb,
> anyone?

Russia, in WWII.  Dogs, anti-tank mines, and improper training
methods--the dogs hid under tanks and blew up, alright.  They just went
for Russian tanks (just like the ones in training) instead of German
ones.  Program cancelled.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: GW-Tyranids Next: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military