Prev: Re: Kzinti Miniatures Next: Re: [SG] NAC SAS rescues hostage from sword-wielding peasants [l

Re: [SG] NAC SAS rescues hostage from sword-wielding peasants [l

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 13:33:36 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] NAC SAS rescues hostage from sword-wielding peasants [l

Paul spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> My wife Cheryl and I played a relatively ludicrous game of
> Stargrunt a couple of nights ago; I thought a report to the list
> may lessen the FT load.. . .

Heh Heh.

> The game consisted of the following:
> 2 3-man teams of New Anglian Confederation SAS (Cheryl)

Vets or Elite? Armaments?

> 2 3-man teams of green and regular Federal Stats Europa Free
> Quebeckers

Hmm. I think the FSE will have nada to do with Quebecois, but I would
imagine Le Quebecois Libre to be persisting on some annoying
backwater worlds (like the Free Scots, the southerners, and the other
groups of malcontents/freedom fighters/etc). I could see the FSE
selling them weapons (historically, France has sold to just about
everyone) and supporting them only where FSE interests were
DIRECTLY at stake.

To kill the SAS, you need ambush capability, or double blind play -
to let your locals get in range. Try giving the locals some booby
traps. That might wound/slow the SAS. Give the FSE a couple of CDMs
to position. That might make quite a difference without upping the
strength of the FSE force.

Who was the hostage?

Tom.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: Kzinti Miniatures Next: Re: [SG] NAC SAS rescues hostage from sword-wielding peasants [l