Prev: Re: Planetery Defense Batteries Next: Planetary Defense Batteries

NSL, Not Nazis.

From: "Michael Blair" <amfortas@h...>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 02:27:23 PST
Subject: NSL, Not Nazis.

When I first heard of the NSL I thought (probably like many others) aha!

Nazis in space, though my reason for assuming this was a little
convoluted but amusing. You know about the Nazis in Antarctica idea?
They did explore there before the war and the idea is they built a
secret base down there and fled to it after WW II, certainly some odd
things were going on, (U-boats carrying jet fighters and nuclear
materials to Japan). Anyway the base was to supposed to be in a part of
Antarctica they called Neuswabenland (I think it is really Queen Maud
Land).
[John Harbinson did a trilogy about it, an interesting idea but not
great books. His later work seems to get even crazier.]
Then Jon told me the real origin, about the original Swabian League.
I rather prefer the Imperial look of the NSL, eagles and Prussians
(frustrated at the machinations of their Austrian masters) but none of
the baggage of the Nazis.
The name league does not suggest an Emperor, is there one?
If not I can imagine a civil war between federalist and imperial troops,

fighting at the gates of the Kaiserhoff. . .

Michael.

Prev: Re: Planetery Defense Batteries Next: Planetary Defense Batteries