Prev: Re: Starmap Page for Encyclopedia Next: Re: Couple of questions

Re: ARRRGHHHH!!! ( Was Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.)

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 00:14:21 -0500
Subject: Re: ARRRGHHHH!!! ( Was Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.)

At 12:37 PM 2/1/99 -0600, you wrote:
>On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, John Crimmins wrote:
>
>> >			TOTAL MASS: 160
>> >				    ^^^
>> >	You are off by 15 MASS.
>>
>> It was...it was...a test, yeah, that's the ticket!  A test of your
ship
>> building abilities!	You passed with flying colors...now, if you will
>> excuse me, I need to bang my head against a nearby wall.
>
>	Ouch... Why don't you just use a calculator, pencil, and paper
in
>the future.  You'll make fewer errors and there is less of a chance of
>brain damage.

It...soothes me.  And I see such pretty colors!

>> Have you ever gamed with a guy who just *likes* to ram?  Even when it
makes
>> no sense at all?  Just because it's "cool"?	Some people are like
that.
>> Normal people, I agree, need some kind of incentive.  Are you going
to keep
>> the "Crew must roll to avoid panic" rule?
>
>	No, I haven't yet.  But that's more or less the point of these
>rules; to make ramming a more appealing tactical option and to mold the
>game to fit the BFG universe.
>	Panic rule?  Where is that in the FT rules?

Badly phrased on my part.  It's in the original FT rulebook, under the
ramming section.  Basically, when a ship attempts to ram the player must
roll 1d6.  On a six, the ram occurs.  On any other result, the crew
refuses
to go through with it.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: Starmap Page for Encyclopedia Next: Re: Couple of questions