Prev: Planetery Defense Batteries Next: Re: making list

Switzerland?

From: "Michael Blair" <amfortas@h...>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 05:31:33 PST
Subject: Switzerland?

Switzerland as an independent power?
I had not thought about this but I am surprised it was not absorbed into

the NSL, perhaps even a driving force behind its creation.
This led on to a more useful chain of thought.
The NSL will probably have a federal structure like modern Germany, each

state having a high degree of control over its own internal affairs. The

military would be centralized but maybe not the militia (volksturm or
whatever they call them now). I can't really imagine two states fighting

but It is a cute idea.
Colonies might be split up into new states as they increase in
population.

Then there is the story of a conversation between the Kaiser and a
Switzer. Switzerland could put half a million men under arms, so the
Kaiser asked what would happed if he sent that number of men against
them, "shoot once" was the laconic reply. What would happen if I sent
one million men against you asked the Kaiser, "shoot twice" was the
reply.

Michael.

Prev: Planetery Defense Batteries Next: Re: making list