Prev: RE: correction for Encyclopedia project title. Next: [OT] Cruelty Re: Oops!

Full Thrust First Edition

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:10:10 -0000
Subject: Full Thrust First Edition

Jon

>I'm looking forward to seeing how it all comes together - who knows, if
>something really spectacular comes out of it there might even be the
>possibility of at least parts of it becoming "official" and of making a
>treeware publication from it....!  :)

What about the idea of releasing Full Thrust first edition as freeware?
(like
you did the beer and pretzel version a while back)

For my own interest (and stricly personal use) I have created a very
faithful
copy in HTML as my old A5 pamphlet was getting too fragile to use (I
sometimes
do
FT retro games)

I don't know how you feel about releasing this sort of thing to a wider
audience. From a marketing point of view it would probably work,
building
interest in the superior second and third editions (the first is quite
limited)

Anyway it has been interesting to relive the old game and see how its
changed and to realise I've been playing it for 9 years.

We will be coming up for the 10th anniversary in 2001, very apt.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: RE: correction for Encyclopedia project title. Next: [OT] Cruelty Re: Oops!