Prev: Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion. Next: Re: Encyclopedia Test Pages

Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:40:17 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)

Thomas Anderson wrote:

> anyway, somewhat larger than the engagements most of us look at,
anyhow.
> twenty-eight battleships! *fifty-one* destroyers. you'd probably take
as
> many casualties from arithmetic errors as from enemy fire.

28 Battleships. . . given that I'm looking at a High Space Fleet of
6xSuper Dreadnoughts, 12xDreadnoughts, 5xCVA, 71 cruisers, and about 80
escorts, yeah, that's a little bit big.  You might run into that large a
force if and only if an entire Fleet were deployed, reinforced by the
capital ships from another fleet.  (Of which there are 6: 1xHighSpace,
3xSector, 1xInternal Security[1], 1xPlanetary Defense[2])

[1]CVEs, DDVs, and a bunch of DDs and FFs.
[2]Nominal Command governing all STL PD ships.	Only three capitals, but
a LOT of corvettes.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion. Next: Re: Encyclopedia Test Pages