Prev: Re: [slightly OT]SF novels (was Re: Rules for BFG/FT...) Next: Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.

Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:25:40 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Steven Arrowsmith wrote:

> The way we came up with the break down of our NSL, NAC fleets, was
based
> on the Order of Battle for the Battle of Jutland 1916 - one of the
last
> great fleet only battles (i.e. no carriers).

to summarise (numSquadrons x squadronSize, not given for PT/DD):

germany - (4x4, 2x3) 22 BB, (1x5) 5 BC, (1x5, 1x4) 9 CL, 52 PT

uk - (7x4) 28 BB, (1x4, 1x3, 1x2) 9 BC, (2x4) 8 CA, (1x6, 1x5, 3x4) 23
CL,
51 DD

in both cases, battleships were numerically superior to all other
classes
of ship except the microlights - PTs for the germans, DDs for the brits.
there seems to be lots of cross-attaching: the british battlefleet has
attached battlecruisers, and the battlecruiser force has attached
battleships.

anyway, somewhat larger than the engagements most of us look at, anyhow.
twenty-eight battleships! *fifty-one* destroyers. you'd probably take as
many casualties from arithmetic errors as from enemy fire.

Tom

Prev: Re: [slightly OT]SF novels (was Re: Rules for BFG/FT...) Next: Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.