Prev: Re: Modular Freighters (was Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters) Next: Re: [OT] Name pronounciation

CCS ship designs...?

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:12:22 +0100
Subject: CCS ship designs...?

During my hunt for more ship designs for my database, I ran across the
Confederation of Celtic States - couldn't see who had written it, though
(but I didn't have time to look around very much :-( ).. Several
interesting ships, a little lacking in fighters and point defence
perhaps, but...

...several designs - the Broadsword BC, Rapier CL and Mace DD - combine
one or more pulse torps with beam armaments. Problem is, these three
designs only carry one FC each, and the requirement for pulse torps and
beams to be controlled by different FCs even if they shoot at the same
target was not lifted in the FB. This means that these ships have to
choose between firing their pulse torps and firing their beams, which
seems a bit strange (esp. for the Broadsword with two Class-3
batteries).

Is this an intentional design quirk, or an oversight?

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Modular Freighters (was Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters) Next: Re: [OT] Name pronounciation