Prev: Re: NI stealth project Next: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)

Re: EG Appearance

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 09:27:53 +1300
Subject: Re: EG Appearance

>So my opinion: white (or light coloured) background, black (or very
dark)
>text, blue links, normal (web) link breaks (or we can get inventive
with
>non-break spaces) and a bright, easily recognisable logo.
    Red for non-taken links, blue for taken links. No frames, so that
it's
easy to print out. Black text on white or off-white background. Easy
navigation, using links and/or buttons to the next (or previous)
chapter,
and so you don't have to keep returning to the table of contents to go
the next chapter.
    Compatible with version 3 MS Internet Explorer browser and version 3
of
Netscape browsers to maximise compatibility. Graceful degradation with
other
older browsers.
    Maximum of about 10 words per line to ensure ease of reading.
Indented
paragraphs, not blank line between paragraphs. Anchors on heading text
so
that JavaScript can easily and automatically produce a table of
contents.
I've designed HTML and JavaScript that does this on version 4 browsers.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz ICQ: 26227169
Blind See-Saw, DSII, DSII FAQ, GZG-L email FAQ, FUDGE, UY, MSH & WBG:
    http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/

Prev: Re: NI stealth project Next: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)