Prev: Re: More thoughts on Encyclopedia Next: EG (Encyclopedia Galactica)(long post!)

Re: More thoughts on Encyclopedia

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:14:28 -0800
Subject: Re: More thoughts on Encyclopedia

>1. Editor/Project Manager
>
>Perhaps one person is not the best thing. This is an immense
responsibility
>and would probably require a large amount of time. Two or three people
-
>_responsible_ people - would be better, I think.

I think that "Project Managers" is a far better idea. Editors should be
farther down the food chain. They MUST be both responsible and neutral.
It's quite easy to get caught up in one's favorite portion of a project
while other aspects suffer.

>2. Content
>
>As someone said (and I paraphrase) "let's boot this thing!" Some people
have
>been firing URLs to the list of their ideas for headings/logos etc.
While
>this is good, I firmly believe at this time we need to be developing
>CONTENT. The writing can be the default font with default colours for
all I
>care (which is probably better, considering the wide variety of end
users)
>but we need to start on it, kick this thing into gear.

Agreed

Schoon

Prev: Re: More thoughts on Encyclopedia Next: EG (Encyclopedia Galactica)(long post!)