Prev: Re: FT Scenario ideas & OT; mostly OT in fact Next: Re: Battlefleet ... but also some OT and a bit Showdown

Re: GW to GZG Evangelism, was Re: Battlefleet Gothic Report

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:56:46 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: GW to GZG Evangelism, was Re: Battlefleet Gothic Report

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Beth Fulton wrote:

> that blasted pom tom anderson wrote:
>
> >>i've been pondering on gw -> gzg migration paths recently....
>
> Derek and I have managed to convert/subvert at least 8 GW players over
the
> last 6 months. First up we got them interested in FT

given that all my ds2 kit is back home, this looks like the plan. also,
the timing of the release / pre-release of BFG is fortuitious; i can
offer
to play him a game of that, then whip out ft and demonstrate how
superior
it is before he gets ensconced (sp?) in the BFG mindset.

> (a) our minatures were actually painted

i need to pop out and buy a spraycan of grey car paint so's i can rush
my
ships to the front ...

> (b) our entire fleets cost less than one unit

winning point. as students, money is perenially tight. admittedly, gzg
has the edge in local stores and player base (although if rob paul ever
answers my hails this may improve - rob! your game needs you!), and BFG
is
rumoured to be faster than FT, so some of the edge goes away there, but
i'm sure the sheer quality (i might throw in LiteVec Classic easy vector
movement just to blind him with science ...) of ft will win in the end.
and if not, it's pulse torpedo time. scorched undergraduate policy.

> I'd also have to agree with the last point here, make sure they have a
good
> showing
> (i.e. use Indy's (or my) dice or dumb down your tactics or miss
> opportunities etc.) -

oh, i have no trouble losing at ft! the best thing would be a three-way
battle, with me and another experienced player and the target,
all-vs-all.
chances are the two vets would go for each other, leaving the gwite to
attack with some degree of impunity. or he could take a smaller force
and
swap sides a lot - the full thrust version of the lib dems.

Tom

Prev: Re: FT Scenario ideas & OT; mostly OT in fact Next: Re: Battlefleet ... but also some OT and a bit Showdown