Prev: RE: Encyclopedia GZG Next: RE: Encyclopedia GZG

RE: Encyclopedia GZG

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:26:24 -0000
Subject: RE: Encyclopedia GZG

>Somebody (bodies?  unfortunately, other than me with my zero experience
>producing web content...) could volunteer to webify the
>starting page, and each of the contributors could provide him/her with
their
url(s) and a
>brief (one paragraph) description of what their links contain - so the
>encyclopedia page would have an "annotated table of contents" - and the
>person doing the web work won't have to spend time reading the
>individual

Some sort of style guide would be required so that
it looked like a coherent whole, otherwise it wouldn't
be much better than what we have now tied together by
a link page.

Having it as a distributed site is OK but you would
be forever chasing link rot.

If Jerry has the space to host it, it would be
better on a single server. Sure we can develop in
a distributed form and put up draft pages for review.
Hoever having it in one place finally will be a lot
easier to maintain consistency and content.

--
tim jones - software warrior with NO FEAR

Prev: RE: Encyclopedia GZG Next: RE: Encyclopedia GZG