Prev: Re: NI/NAC AAR & Stealth Next: Screwing up with confidence, was: [FT-AAR] comment NAC/NI AAR

Re: NI/NAC AAR & Stealth

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 07:07:55 +0100
Subject: Re: NI/NAC AAR & Stealth

Aaron wrote in reply to me:

> >If you use Noam's tactics of long-range
> >circling, there's no real way for the enemy to blind-side you.
>
> Of course, that's also taking blatent advantage of a fixed board
size... if
> someone's going to start running circles around the edge board,

I wouldn't start running circles around the edge board. I'd run circles
around the enemy, and the more space I have to do so in the better -
best
is an unlimited playing area. On a cramped playing area with fixed
borders, long-range and stealth ships are crippled. (Note that the
Iceberg-Kochte battle was fought on the floor - ie, a comparatively
large
playing area.)

>  I'm going
> to start insisting that we move the board if someone pushes the edge!

Fine :-) It won't hurt the circlers if they know what they're doing -
but
it might hurt their opponents.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: NI/NAC AAR & Stealth Next: Screwing up with confidence, was: [FT-AAR] comment NAC/NI AAR