Prev: Re: [IFWG] Timeline update Next: Re: Campain ending

Re: GZG Encyclopedia - Brainstorming

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 21:34:48 EST
Subject: Re: GZG Encyclopedia - Brainstorming

<< >Some ideas concerning the GZG Encyclopedia, just to get them out in
the
 open.

 (undocumented snippage henceforth)

 >should be some editing, and some proofing to make sure that things are
 >relatively consistent (but absolutely consistency isn't that
important,
 IMHO.)

    I couldn't edit for consistency but I hereby volunteer ("Once more,
dear
 friends, into the breach...") to edit for meaning and grammar.
Someone
 else can run it through a spellchecker and make sure the numbers add up
 correctly.  I mention this because it seems to me that, if we are going
 present Jon's universe to potential players, we have an obligation to
him
 and them to make it as polished as we can manage.  Caveat:  do not send
 anything to me if you will be offended by a blunt, impersonal
evaluation of
 the piece.
    As a second editorial suggestion, perhaps we can come up with a
 consistent style (along the lines of a Cascading Style Sheet, for those
who
 know HTML 4) so that Encyclopedia pages will have a consistent look.

 >already published.  It will create a history, but still be somewhat
generic
 >i.e. I don't think starmaps should be included.

 Well, I would ask that * two * starmaps be included.  One for the real
 universe as we know it now, with stellar coordinates, spectral type,
mass,
 and magnitude; the other with the GZGverse ("Tuffleyverse" just doesn't
 work, for me) zones of control laid out.  Of course, anyone is always
free
 to pitch the whole thing and make up what they like--but if they feel
that
 way, they're not likely to be enamored of the Encyclopedia in the first
 place. >>
I'll help with what ever I can, and I'll do up the stuff for the UBW,
assuming
that it, along with the others, get GZGversed into the "real" back
ground.
-Stephen

Prev: Re: [IFWG] Timeline update Next: Re: Campain ending