Prev: Re: [IFWG] Timeline update Next: Offside fire arcs was Re: NI/NAC AAR

[FT] PBEM Firing Orders

From: -MWS- <Hauptman@c...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:51:34 -0500 (EST)
Subject: [FT] PBEM Firing Orders

Seeing how much fun the four Showdown participants are having, I have a
question regarding the firing order game mechanics in PBEM games - after
movement do you try and simulate the normal initiative/fire-by-ship
sequencing
in the regular rules, or do you have all of the players write all of
their
firing orders and then apply the results simultaneously?  The former
mimics a
"live" game at the expense of real-life timer-per-turn, while the latter
speeds up game play at the expense of the original game mechanics.  I
can see
both styles as being valid.

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
  visit the Gear Locker at http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear/

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: Re: [IFWG] Timeline update Next: Offside fire arcs was Re: NI/NAC AAR