Prev: Re: [IFWG] Timeline update Next: Re: [IFWG] Timeline update

Re: Battlefleet ... but also some OT and a bit Showdown

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:17:27 -0500
Subject: Re: Battlefleet ... but also some OT and a bit Showdown

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
> > I blame Jerry Han, by the way; I think he's draining off the Teske
> Field,
> > since I didn't get anything more than a couple double rerolls, and
none
> of
> > the third rolls did damage.
>
> Speaking of Jerry, BTW - I noticed that the NSL Szent Istvan-class BC
> Noam uses has a Screen-1 listed on Jerry's homepage. Is this a special
> conversion, or...?

What?

GRRRR.

It means I slipped up in the copy and paste of the status file.  The
games
I run are 'half-automated' - I have a perl script that nicely handles
movement and creating the FT MAP.  Unfortunately, I do the firing by
hand.
All the status reports and such are generated automatically from the
game status file, which is a file in a modified FT-GZG format.

It does mean I can run games faster then most people; it takes about an
hour to two hours to do a Showdown turn, and that's with approximately
twenty ships on the field.

I didn't account for the screen when handling the firing though, so all
damage results are correct.  I'll take the screen out for the next
turn.

(I'm glad somebody other then the players is taking a look at Showdown,
though.
(8-) )

Thanks,
J.

--
/ Jerry Han -  CANOE Canada - jhan@canoe.ca -
http://people.canoe.ca/jhan \

Prev: Re: [IFWG] Timeline update Next: Re: [IFWG] Timeline update