Prev: RE: [OT] SFB - The Deal is finally done Next: Re: GZGs New Advert

Re: A Stealth Primer (and [FT-AAR] a NAC/NI AAR - "Wargames")

From: -MWS- <Hauptman@c...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:07:28 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: A Stealth Primer (and [FT-AAR] a NAC/NI AAR - "Wargames")

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, John M. Atkinson wrote:

> Izenberg, Noam wrote:
>
> > 1)	    Stealth Hull - comes in 2 levels and makes a ship harder to
hit.
> > Mass is same as partial and full streamlining., cost 50% more
(3/mass).
> > Stealth level 1 reduces enemy  range bands by 1/4.	Stealth level 2
> > (Super Stealth) reduces range bands by 1/3. Includes vs. Fighter ,
SML,
> > and PDS (i.e. fighters bust be within 5" or 4" to attack, SMLs must
be
> > within 5 "or  4" to acquire target,  PDS anti-ship at 5" or 4").
>
> OK, here's where I run into trouble.	See, I use the 3" radius.
> Otherwise SMLs are just too easy to hit with.  Hell, with a 3" it's
> still pretty easy.

Didn't you state that you play Vector movement almost exclusively?  6"
SML
attacks is for Cinematic movement. :)

[snip]

> Erm. . . I wouldn't allow Stealth level 2 on fighters.  Doesn't sound
> balanced.

I agree wholeheartedly.  Heck, *Heavy* fighters are a real pain to deal
with.

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
  visit the Gear Locker at http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear/

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: RE: [OT] SFB - The Deal is finally done Next: Re: GZGs New Advert