Prev: Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters Next: Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters

Re: [FT-AAR] a NAC/NI AAR - "Wargames"

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 08:11:44 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT-AAR] a NAC/NI AAR - "Wargames"

I said
>[On offset fire arcs]
>
>> Noam, you've been buying Alarishi ships again, I see.

Oerjan said>
>I don't think so - he discussed them with me several weeks before you
>mentioned them on the list, so unless you told him about it before then
>you have both discovered the concept independantly :-)

The Islamic Federation Working Group (me, Noam, John A) has been
discussing
things on the side, and I think I mentioned it there--but maybe not.
Call
it the	Lobachevsky effect. (for those of you not familiar with history
of
mathematics, that means "he who publishes first gets the recognition,
even
if someone else came up with the idea first.")	Noam, shall we accept
our
Prize for Innovation in Naval Architecture jointly?  That way we'd each
get
MUCr .00000004, as I recall...

Prev: Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters Next: Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters