Prev: Re: {FT} Off center firing arcs was Re: [FT-AAR] NAC/NI Next: Re: [FT-AAR] a NAC/NI AAR - "Wargames"

Re: [FT] rerolls for anti-fighter fire query

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 11:04:08 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] rerolls for anti-fighter fire query

John Leary wrote in reply to me:

> >Hm... That's quite different from how the ship stealth works, isn't
it?

>      There is no stealth in FT/MT/FB!   I feel that 'stealth' should
be
> reserved for the concept of reducing the effective range of sensors.

I and Noam discussed his stealth mechanism a bit prior to this battle -
but he never mentioned fighters then :-/

> XXX
>      I tend to agree with #2 is you have to do this sort of thing. JTL
> (Due to th fact one must change targets to kill a second fighter.)
> XXX

It's just that the *first* die-roll can kill up to 2 different heavy
fighters, so the "changing targets" logic isn't entirely solid.

>      How about the concept that if a six is rolled against a fighter,
> all following sixes apply to the same fighter.

The first six has already killed the fighter, which means that your
concept here disallows any re-rolls against fighters (which contradicts
the FB rule rather than clarify it). If the fighter wasn't stealthed, it
also killed *another* fighter... a fighter squadron is targetted as one
single target <shrug>

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: {FT} Off center firing arcs was Re: [FT-AAR] NAC/NI Next: Re: [FT-AAR] a NAC/NI AAR - "Wargames"