Prev: Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters Next: Re: [FT] rerolls for anti-fighter fire query

Re: [FT] rerolls for anti-fighter fire query

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 15:43:20 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] rerolls for anti-fighter fire query

The end of the bottomeless pit is a body-length and a half down wrote:

> Noam's fighters were all 'stealth-2', which meant they acted as
doubly-
> heavy fighters, or fighters with level-2 screens.

Hm... That's quite different from how the ship stealth works, isn't it?

> Now a 6 will allow for a reroll, and the first time I got a reroll
roll
that
> hit (rolled a second 6! :), we weren't exactly sure how to handle it.
Does
> the reroll do 'straight' damage (ie, take out whatever number of
fighters it
> would normally do), or does it go against the fighters as if they are
> normally screened? (ie, in this case, only 1 ftr killed on a 5 or 6)
We
> opted for the latter interpretation.

Against ships, a re-roll ignores both screens and armour - the rule
doesn't say anything about heavy fighters, and neither does the PDS
rule.
Against stealthed fighters, I'd say that by rolling a 6 you've managed
burn through their stealth and locate them well enough that the re-roll
hits as if they were standard fighters as well.

Against normal heavy fighters... well, I'd go with the standard re-roll
rules for simplicity, but I can't come up with good PSB support for it
:-/

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters Next: Re: [FT] rerolls for anti-fighter fire query