Prev: Re: Planet-Based Fighters Next: Re: Jump Ships

Q Ship Module, was Re Jump Ships

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 18:44:27 -0500
Subject: Q Ship Module, was Re Jump Ships

>This is mostly for the UBW stuff that I'm working on.	I figure that it
would
>be easer to modify the cargo ships than get 2nd hand warships, altho we
do
>have 17.

Ah, what you need is the Alarishi Q Module, specially designed for
standard
merchant ship cargo fittings.  For a very reasonable cost, you too can
procure what you need to convert your hard working merchant fleet to an
instant home defense force--and be able to convert back after the
battle!
Q-Module:
Mass 14 (to fit standard merchant cargo bays)
Thrust 1 (self contained power)
Hull Integrity 1 (discourages aggression, encourages repeat customers)
Fire Control 1 (not the most advanced Alarishi systems, but sufficient
to do
the job)
Payload Space 14

Imagine his face when the enemy raider captain sees your "cargo bay"
doors
open to reveal 2 Class 2 (360) beams and 5 submunition packs!  And
remember,
while you can use one module per ship to protect your commerce, you can
also
use two, three or more per ship in home defense operations.

Other weapon fits are also available, including salvo missiles, Class 1
beams, needle beams, and even fighter bays--however, due to engineering
constraints, Class 3 or larger beams and Plasma Torpedo mounts cannot be
installed ["engineering constraints" meaning "Imperial Bureau of
Intelligence and Security".  If you're using it for defensive purposes,
IBIS
feels you can get along just fine without these weapons].

Prev: Re: Planet-Based Fighters Next: Re: Jump Ships