Prev: Re: Jump Ships Next: Re: Planet-Based Fighters

Re: Jump Ships

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 18:10:05 EST
Subject: Re: Jump Ships

<< >   >>
 > Okay, this is great.  I"m thining a thrust-2 ship that can carry
(say)
 8
 > mass 33 thrust 4, cargo 20 ships.  Just add 4 pulse torps to the
"drop
 > ships".....

 Sure, no problem. As long as you pay for it in a "bring-and-buy" battle
 (even if you don't put it on the table) it's OK - if you use the FT2
 design system the tug will be Mass 264 (that's a *HUGE* ship in FT2)
and
 cost over 1700 points; in the FB it'll be much smaller and cheaper
(Mass
 77, cost 231 minimum, but then you have *no* defences on the tug
 whatsoever).

This is mostly for the UBW stuff that I'm working on.  I figure that it
would
be easer to modife the cargo ships than get 2nd hand warships, altho we
do
have 17.

 ...if you really mean "Mass 33, thrust 4, cargo 20" for the
strikeboats,
 you'll only be able to give them Fragile hulls - ie, 3 hull boxes each.
 I'd give them 19 cargo spaces and Weak hulls instead; 7 hull boxes
isn't
 exactly much either, but it is a lot better... and you'll still be able
 to fit 4 pulse torps and 3 HS of FCs and defences.

Yep, trying to keep costs down, this is for mechant shiping, if used in
battle it would be the same as a q-ship.

 Later,

 Oerjan Ohlson
 oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>>

Prev: Re: Jump Ships Next: Re: Planet-Based Fighters