Prev: Re: Jump Ships Next: Re: Jump Ships

Re: [FT]Twilight Imperium Campaigns

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:50:28 +1300
Subject: Re: [FT]Twilight Imperium Campaigns

Christopher Pratt <valen@gatecom.com> wrote:
>the other thing I thought of doing is to discard the TI
>rules and use the space hexes to make a sector map for an
>operational level Campaign.  In this mode, you can assign
>the hexes in any way you wish to represent the worlds
>available in you sector.  Then assign a fixed number of
>ships (perhaps from the tuffleyverse) ignore R&D for the
>purposes of this campaign and go at each other.
    That would work. In the games I've played so far, all the
worlds/systems
close to the home worlds are gobbled up straight away in the first
several
turns. So we could lay out the map, as it states in TI, and assume that
four
or five turns have gone by and that all worlds close to a home world
belong
to that home world. Players would have to agree on just who got what,
and
asking other players to umpire if there is disagreement. Then assume
each
player has a fleet with a credit value equal to, say, their starting
money,
plus the income of all their worlds times, say, five or the number of
turns
that are assumed to have passed minus a bit.
    To garrison a system with ground forces, assume that if the fleet
holds
the hex for a turn, it now has ground forces. Two turns, and it's got
planetary defence systems; three turns and it's got deep space cannons
(they're a little cheesy, though!) perhaps more numerous ground forces.
Each
turn with the space fleet in control, means another turn of bombardment
by
opposing forces is required, perhaps to take control.

>hope this get those creative juices flowing
    Yes! :-)

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz ICQ: 26227169
Blind See-Saw, DSII, DSII FAQ, GZG-L email FAQ, FUDGE, UY, MSH & WBG:
    http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/

Prev: Re: Jump Ships Next: Re: Jump Ships