Prev: Re: Jump Ships Next: Re: [FT] IF vs NRE, short AAR.

Re: [DS] Engineering systems size

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 00:42:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [DS] Engineering systems size

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Ndege Diamond wrote:

> Do the various vehicle engineering systems take up space inside of a
vehicle?
> I haven't been able to find mention of this in the book.  Is it there
or is
> it time to Make Stuff Up?

It's time to Make Stuff Up. (the formal phrase is House Rules...)

As it stands, you could have a vehicle that could deploy bridges,
preform
CEV & armour recovery operations, _and_ mount weaponry, because only the
guns take up space.

Stopgap rule ideas: Bridgelayers: Bridge takes up the whole damn hull.
Size of bridge carried (therefore weight limit on bridge) is equal to
the
vehicle's hull size. Only the 'free' APSW is allowed - maybe not even
that.

CEV/armour repair package: Don't know. Biggish - call it 10 to 15 cap
points. I haven't got my DS2 book n front of me.

Just my $0.02,

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
-- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html
--DS2/SG2/misc--

Prev: Re: Jump Ships Next: Re: [FT] IF vs NRE, short AAR.