Prev: [FT] scenario ideas for big ships Next: Re: [FT] scenario ideas for big ships

Re: [FT] scenario ideas for big ships

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 00:41:18 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] scenario ideas for big ships

JDoch226@aol.com wrote:

> I'm putting together a game for 6 players, who have one or two FT
games under
> their belts, and want to play with the _really_ big ships.  I've got
enough
> NAC and FSE ships for about 15 a side, say 4-5 Superdreadnaughts,
> Battledreadnaughts, and Battleships, 2-3 Heavy Cruisers, 2-3 Light
Cruisers,
> and 5-6 Destroyers a side.  Any ideas for a plausible scenario other
than the
> old come in on opposite sides of the table and fire away?  My table is
6 by 8.

MHO here and MHO ONLY. . .

The NRE has a grand total of 21 Dreadnoughts, 6 of them being Super
Dreadnoughts, and 3 of them being Fighter Carrier Dreadnoughts (Sector
Fleet Flagships).  So an engagement with 5 Dreadnoughts would be more
than a quarter of the Deep Space Fleet, and hence would only be seen as
part of a major fleet action, wherein the objective would be to knock
out a major target (shipyard, planet's defensive grid, etc.) and any
ships that got in the way, OR as part of a 'space superiority' mission
where the objective is to engage the enemy fleet and blow it to hell in
order to establish dominance in a particular sector.

My suggestion would be to stick a space station on one side of the
table.	Doesn't have to be fancy--a cardboard box with two sides cut out
and painted grey makes a "space dock".	One side is supposed to blow it
up, the other is to prevent this.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: [FT] scenario ideas for big ships Next: Re: [FT] scenario ideas for big ships